The Boar's Head


(Picture Courtesy of Eddie Chard)

(Picture Courtesy of Eddie Chard)

The Boar's Head at 46-48 Eaton Road is one over Dover's newer public houses, being built around 1900.  Originally denied an "off" license, but an "on" license was granted shortly afterwards and the pub was extended into the adjoining house.

The houses in Eaton Road were completed and let by 1901.  The pictures above show the pub as it looked in 1983.

Originally a Leney's house, it later passed to Fremlins before becoming a free house in the 1990s.